What is FreeAgent?
FreeAgent is a great cloud based accounting system that has a range of features specifically designed to help the needs of small businesses.
Here’s what we think…
Main benefits of the software;
- Simple invoicing – the FreeAgent app allows you to log in wherever you are and create invoices on the go
- Automatic chasing of outstanding invoices
- Automatic thank you emails sent out to client once payment is received
- Online payments using credit or debit cards, PayPal, GoCardless or stripe
- Easy monitoring of expenses with the ability to set up reoccurring automatic expenses
- Directly upload pictures of your receipts – no more holding on to paper copies
- The app is available on both android and IOS and helps you to manage your business on the go, saving you time and allowing you to focus on the important things
- It is a great project management tool and can help you to track income, expenses and time spent on particular tasks
- Fully integrated payroll software giving you the ability to run payroll (generate payslips, P60 etc) and directly submit you RTI submissions to HMRC
- Option to file VAT and Self Assessment directly from the software – populated from your data
- Ability to calculate Corporation Tax forecast
- Directly sync your bank account for simple bank reconciliations and live bank transactions
- Simple to use dashboard with a quick overview of the most important information about your business (with graphs to make the information easier to read and understand)
o Cashflow monitoring and trends
o Tailored trend-spotting
o Quick access to financial reports
o Many more…
Who is the software suited to?
FreeAgent is recommended for small businesses with up to 10 employees and is mainly aimed at;
- Traditional traders
- Professional services
- Service businesses
- Creative and technology sectors
- Retail and hospitality
What are the cost implications?
The good news is the software is free for NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland and Ulster Bank NI business banking current account or Mettle account owners.
For all other users FreeAgent offer a 30 day free trial and the first 6 months are discounted by 50%
- Sole trader - £19 per month
- Partnership/LLP - £24 per month
- Limited Company - £29 per month
So, is it worth it?
The software has a high rating of 4.5 stars on Trustpilot with 1316 reviews and has won many awards for being the #1 accounting software for small businesses, including;
- Winner: 2020 Accouting Excellence Awards, Best Small Business Accounting Software
- Winner: 2020 Accounting Excellence Awards, Best Small Business Accounting Software: Practitioners’ Choice
- Winner: 2020 Accounting Excellence Awards, Best Data & Expense Management Software
Please contact us for more information.
Mobile: 07866 385137